Easy Cajun Roasted Turkey Recipe
Happy New Year, guys. It’s 2022, and the start of a brand new year. It seems a while since I last updated my blog, but I’ll try to post more delicious recipes up. For my first post of 2022, I’ll show you how to make a proper turkey. This is my favourite Cajun Turkey recipe that I’ve made for many years. I only used three ingredients: hot mustard, Cajun spices, and lots of butter. It’s that easy. Pair this turkey with a glass of Pinot Grigio or any white wine.
Do I have to brine the turkey?
For me, brining the turkey in chicken stock for eight hours or overnight is important. What is brining? It’s the process of soaking meat in saltwater or any kind of liquid like chicken stock, apple juice, and beer. Brining keeps the turkey moist as it tends to dry out. Place your turkey in a large bucket and fill it with chicken stock. Refrigerate until it’s time to cook.
How do I flip the turkey?
Flipping a hot turkey must be done to ensure the heat gets evenly distributed. Grab a pair of oven mittens and tongs. Then, grasp the turkey at its neck with the tongs and quickly flip the turkey.
Easy Cajun Butter Turkey Recipe
Moist on the inside, crispy on the outside
- 3-5 kg turkey
- 1/3 cup hot mustard
- 1/2 Cajun spice
- 3 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 oz unsalted butter
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery stick, diced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Step 1 Brine the turkey in chicken stock for 8 hours before cooking.
- Step 2 Season turkey liberally with salt.
- Step 3 Combine Cajun spice and butter. Brush the turkey with the Cajun butter.
- Step 4 Drizzle olive oil.
- Step 5 Stuff turkey with celery and carrots.
- Step 6 Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Step 7 Once the oven is ready, place the turkey on the middle rack.
- Step 8 Cook for 15 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 350°F.
- Step 9 Flip the turkey halfway through the cooking to keep it juicy
- Step 10 Roast until the internal temperature of the breasts reads 155°F and the thighs are at least 170°F.
- Step 11 Remove turkey from the oven and allow to rest for at least 15 minutes before carving.
- Step 12 Roasted drippings can be strained and added to gravy.
You must be logged in to post a comment.