December is the time of year when I indulge in my favourite sugary treats. I like my eggnog, butter cookies, candy, and of course my easy chocolate chip skillet cookie. You see, I’m a health freak and I spend most of my time at the gym. Sugar, I try to stay away from but I can’t resist the sweetness of chocolate and how it magically makes my problems go away. This Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie recipe does just that. Beware: it’s so good that you’ll be back for more. Top with ice cream and you have dessert you can serve at any party.
Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and whisk to combine; set aside
- In a sauce pan, melt the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Stir until creamy and smooth.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes
- Add the eggs, flour, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips in a mixing bowl
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Don't overcook it. Let it cool for 10 minutes
- Top with ice cream and serve hot