Clay Pot Chicken Recipe
I have a craving for Clay Pot Chicken Recipe, the ultimate comfort food my mom always makes at home. For this recipe, I used chicken wings and marinated them 24 hours in advance. You can also use boneless chicken cut into tiny pieces if you prefer. There’s nothing like this Clay Pot Chicken Recipe and as I’ve shown, rice doesn’t have to be boring. Rice can be flavoured in different ways like adding Hainanese chicken rice paste (see my Hainanese chicken recipe here) or seasoning it with soy sauce mixture slowed cooked over a clay pot. Unfortunately, I do not own a clay pot so my trusty dutch oven will do the trick.
You will love the meaty oyster mushroom mixed with the salty rice of this Clay Pot Chicken Recipe. The sweetness of the Chinese sausage (or lap cheong in Cantonese) also adds a nice contrast to the salty flavour of the rice. Chinese sausage is made of dried pork that is sweetened with soy sauce, rice wine and rose water. Have you tried sausage that is sweet? Trust me, this chicken and rice recipe tastes a lot better with it as a side dish.
- 12 chicken wings
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 pound oyster mushrooms sliced thinly
- 1 Chinese sausage, sliced diagonally into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons fish oil
- 2 tablespoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine
- Mix together the dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, fish oil, white pepper, cooking wine and sesame oil in a small bowl. Divide in half.
- Add chicken wings into the mixture and evenly coat. Marinate in the fridge for 24 hours.
- Cook wings in pan and flip on each side for 3 minutes until juices run clear. Set aside.
- Soak your rice in a cup of water for 1 hour in dutch oven.
- After it's been soaked, bring to a boil medium heat.
- Cook mushrooms in a frying pan and when thoroughly cooked, add them to the rice.
- Once rice is half cooked, lower the heat and add the Chinese sausage, mushrooms and the remainder of the marinade.
- Stir together and serve.