Easy Cornish Hen Recipe
My Easy Cornish Hen recipe is not to be made on the week day. For this cornish hen recipe, you have to prepare in advance. Just the prep work takes 20 minutes and cooking the cornish hens takes 90 minutes. Of course, this easy cornish hen recipe can be made a day before. I wanted a nice smoky spice rub that is found in rotisserie chicken. With roasted potatoes and carrots, this easy cornish hen recipe is the ultimate comfort food.
This roasted cornish hen recipe can be served at any occasion. For a special meal on the weekends, this meal is a crowd favourite with its flavourful spice rub and roasted vegetables.
- 3 Cornish Hens, thawed and rinced
- 1 Lemon cut into slices
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1 can chicken broth
- 8 carrots cut diagonally
- 6 yellow potatoes quartered
- 5 springs thyme
- 1 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon ground sea salt and pepper
- Combine garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cayenne powder, brown sugar, and salt and pepper.
- Remove and discard neck and giblets from cornish hen
- Coat cornish hens with olive oil and mix in the spice rub.
- Put in a slice of lemon, garlic and a sprig of thyme inside the cornish hens
- In a large roasting pan, spread out the chopped vegetables and coat with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place cornish hens on top of vegetables
- Set oven to 450 degrees and place cornish hens inside
- Cook for 30 minutes and then turn over. Baste cornish hens with juices
- Lower heat to 350 degrees. Turn over cornish hens every 30 minutes until they are thoroughly cooked
- Save juices for gravy and serve with vegetables
- Save the juices to make a gravy. Serve