Steak with Anchovy Butter Sauce
I'm doing another steak recipe today because I like it so much. I found this huge T-bone steak in the fridge and I wanted STEAK and POTATOES for supper. Nigella Lawson's At My Table: A Celebration of Home Cooking has a really simple steak recipe that I absolutely love. The secret ingredient for this recipe is anchovy. I find that anchovies have a rich salty flavour that works well with everything.
- 2 T-bone steaks
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 anchovy fillets finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chives finely chopped
- 5 teaspoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1 Rub steaks all over with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Let them rest for 5 minutes before cooking.
- Step 2 In a cast iron pan, place the steaks and grill over high heat. Let steaks sear for 2-3 minutes per side. Do not burn your steaks. Keep flipping until cooked medium rare (8 minutes).
- Step 3 In a small sauce pan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the chopped anchovies, garlic and chives. Slowly pour in the cream and stir until it becomes a sauce.
- Step 4 Top steaks with the anchovy butter sauce and garnish with more chives.
- Step 5 Serve with steamed vegetables or roasted potatoes.