So as promised, I’m doing a review on Nigella Lawson’s new cookbook, At My Table: A Celebration of Home Cooking . Let me tell you, it’s love at first sight! Her cookbook really represents home cooking at its finest. It doesn’t have to be fancy and the recipes are really easy to make. Her introduction really resonated with me: we don’t all have to have the cooking ability of a Michelin chef but all of us have a desire to bring together friends and family through good food.
I’m not a trained cook but I’ve had years practicing the art of cooking and hosting dinner parties…so I’m still a homecook. I’m still humbly learning from culinary geniuses like Nigella Lawson and Gordon Ramsey. I believe that cooking requires practice and lots of experimentation.
Today, I’m doing a two-parter to make up for my weeks of silence. I’ve been renovating my home so my house is a complete mess. This salad recipe, Nigella’s Tomato and Horseradish Salad is super easy. I’ve decided to start with the easy recipes and work my way up. I would never have used horseradish in any of my salads but the taste of this salad is incredible. I really liked the spicy horseradish blended with the parsley.
- 1/4 pounds, cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons horseradish (I got mine in a jar)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- a pinch of sugar
- Italian parsley – a small bunch roughly chopped will do
- In a small bowl, whisk together horseradish and vinegar together, then add the oil, salt, and sugar.
- Combine the cherry tomatoes with the dressing in a large mixing bowl. Cover the bowl with wrap and let it rest for 30-60 minutes to marinate
- Add the parsley and toss the tomatoes. Serve.
I’ve never tried parsley in any salad but I must admit, the parsley really adds a refreshing, robust taste to the salad. I liked this recipe and it’s super easy to make. Please do get yourself a copy of At My Table: A Celebration of home cooking at your local bookstore or Amazon.
Up next: 5-Spice Lamb with Chinese Pancakes
You must be logged in to post a comment.