It’s Christmas Eve and I’ve planned something special for my family. Instead of turkey, I’m making sirloin tip roast. Juicy and flavourful, I couldn’t get enough of it. Plus, I had plenty of leftovers to make sandwiches tomorrow.
- 2-3 Pound sirloin tip roasts
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ Teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ Teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup butter
- ½ Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 cup Dijon mustard
- Marinade sirloin tip roasts in beef broth and ground black pepper for 1 hour
- Baste sirloin tip roast in butter, olive oil, thyme, chili flakes, garlic powder and Dijon mustard. Liberally season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 2 hours until juices run clear
- Serve with horseradish
This roast came out perfectly. I love the combination of butter and Dijon mustard. It was well-seasoned and very tender. Serve with roasted vegetables or mashed potatoes.