I love hosting Thanksgiving dinner. In fact, I jump at the opportunity to host any dinner party because I love cooking and throwing dinner parties. My Thanksgiving Turkey is moist and packed with flavour.
- 1 (15 pound) turkey with neck and giblets removed
- 1 can chicken broth
- 3 garlic heads
- 1 lemon cut into slices
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 large bunch of fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the butter, Dijon mustard, thyme leaves, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste
- Stuff cavity with garlic, lemon slices and thyme
- Rub the butter all over the turkey. Use your hand to lift the skin on the turkey breasts, and then stuff it with the butter
- Tuck the wings underneath the turkey and tie the drumsticks together using cooking twine
- Place the turkey in the oven and bake at 325 degrees for 2 1/2 hours until juices run clear
- Baste with chicken stock
- Cover the turkey with tin foil for 20 minutes and serve
Now I have leftovers for lunch and dinner tomorrow. Your family will love this classic holiday recipe.
You must be logged in to post a comment.