I can’t stop thinking about my upcoming European cruise in October so I’m going to take you all on a culinary journey featuring local cuisine from all the countries I’m going to visit.
First stop: Spain. I’ve always wanted to try paella because it is heavily influenced by Mediterranean flavours inspired by Arabic and Roman cuisine. For this recipe, I’ve added chicken, Spanish chorizo, and a seafood medley of octopus, clams and scallops.
- 3 pounds chicken thighs
- 1 bag frozen seafood (you can add frozen shrimp, scallops or octapus)
- 1 pound chorizo sausage, casing removed and crumbled
- Spanish-style rice
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion
- 1 teaspoon Spanish paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- 1 quart chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- Marinate chicken thighs in olive oil, paprika, oregano, and salt and pepper
- Cook chicken thighs over medium heat 5 minutes per side and set aside
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large skillet or paella pan. Stir in garlic, onion, chorizo sausage, chicken stock, seafood and lemon.
- Add chicken thighs and rice in skillet. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Simmer 20 minutes.
I love chorizo sausage and I hope to be incorporating it more in my dishes for a spicy kick. Hope you like it!