I wanted something different for breakfast today. My daily breakfast consists of oatmeal, eggs and a slice of toast. Not today! I bought this phyllo dough from the store the other day and I decided to use it for my amazing Nutella Pineapple Cheesecake Squares. Trust me, this is seriously addictive and goes well with your morning coffee.
- 1 can crushed pineapples
- 1 can condensed milk (this cuts down the richness of the cream cheese)
- 2 sheets phyllo dough
- 1 package Philadelphia Brick 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Truvia sugar (you can use regular sugar)
- Nutella (you can put as much as you like)
- Mix together the cream cheese and condensed milk with a hand mixer until smooth
- Combine crushed pineapples, vanilla extract and sugar with the cream cheese mixture
- Lay the first phyllo sheet in a baking pan on top of a cookie sheet
- Spread pineapple mixture on top of the phyllo sheet
- Cover the pineapple mixture with the second phyllo sheet
- Bake in oven for 350 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes until golden brown
- Serve with Nutella
I have used two low calorie ingredients: Truvia and low fat cream cheese. Although Truvia is a sugar substitute, it is very sweet and fruity. My goal was to make this as low calorie as possible so I won’t feel guilty eating it. Hope you like it!!
You must be logged in to post a comment.