My Asian BBQ Chicken is a delicious alternative to rotisserie chicken from the supermarket. I rarely eat out so I’m always looking for ways to be frugal. If you like something sweet, this recipe hits the spot.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1/2 cup Char Siu sauce (you can get this Chinese BBQ sauce at any Asian supermarket)
- 1/2 cup sweet soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 slices lemon
- Wash out the chicken, pat dry, and tie up the legs with cooking twine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees C
- Mix together Char Siu sauce, soy sauce, sugar and honey
- Place lemons inside chicken cavity
- Brush BBQ sauce over the chicken evenly
- Bake 1 1/2 – 2 hours brushing with the barbecue sauce mixture every 5 min during the last 20 minutes of baking.
There you have it. This recipe is super easy and delicious. Enjoy!