So I made two dishes for Mother’s Day. I’ve never made quail before so I decided to give it a whirl. This is a dish for special occasions.
- 6 quail
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 Green onions chopped
- Thai chillies
- Mix honey, sesame oil, garlic powder, grated ginger, Chinese five-spice, sugar, soy sauce and salt in small bowl
- Combine quail and spice mixture in a zip lock back and marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours
- Heat frying pan to medium to high heat and sear quail 3 minutes on each side. Be sure to turn often as quail burns easily
- Put quail in pre-heated oven and bake for 1 hour on low heat until skin is crispy
- Top with Thai chilies and green onions
There you have it. Enjoy!!
You must be logged in to post a comment.