I take pride in my cooking. Every now and then, I like to cook elaborate meals even when there’s no holiday in sight. Ha! I’m not a religious person but Easter is coming, which means prime rib will be served. I think prime rib can be served any day of the week! Check out my “Ultimate Prime Rib Roast Dinner.” It’s juicy, tender and oh so flavourful!!
- 3 pounds prime rib
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon 4-Peppercorn steak spice seasoning (you can find this in the spice aisle)
- Salt and pepper
- Combine butter, garlic powder, thyme, Dijon mustard, steak seasoning, salt and pepper in a bowl
- Rub the mixture all over the prime rib and let it marinate for 1 hour in refrigerator
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F
- Bake for 25 minutes and baste the prime rib with juices
- Lower heat to 325 degrees F and let the roast sit in the oven for 2 hours
- Take roast out of oven and drizzle with juices. Serve.
This recipe is a personal favourite of mine. Please share this with your friends and family. They will come back for more.