I have this craving for roast chicken today so tonight I’ll be making roast chicken with potatoes. It’s super yummy and better than rotisserie chicken from the supermarket.
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 teaspoon of thyme
- 2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Rinse chicken thoroughly inside and out under cold running water and remove all fat. Pat dry with paper towels
- Combine thyme, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder and chili flakes. Rub all the spices on chicken and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Roast the chicken in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Lower the oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) and continue roasting to a minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 40 minutes more until juices are clear
- Let cool 10 to 15 minutes and serve