As you know, I love my spice and my recipes are not for the faint of heart. I always add lots of hot sauce and thai chili peppers. This recipe has my favourite kimchi in it. Did you know this dish is also healthy? Bet you didn’t know! Kimchi is loaded with vitamins A and C, and has probiotic benefits thanks to lactobacilli bacteria. This is even better than fast food!
- Chicken drumsticks
- 2 Chopped thai chili peppers (feel free to leave this out if you can’t handle the heat!)
- 1 Chopped white onion
- 1 Chopped green onion
- 2 Chopped tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons of low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon red vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salted cooking sauce commonly known as SHAOXING WINE ( you can find this in any Asian supermarket). Careful its alcohol content is 18%!! You don’t want to get carried away.
- 2 teaspoons Hoisin Sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Kimchi (you can find this in any Asian supermarket)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate chicken overnight in soy sauce, sugar and hoisin sauce
- Heat wok with canola oil high heat until sizzling. Slowly put in chicken and cook 3 minutes each side until cooked through. Make sure no blood is dripping. You can check with a stick to see if juices run clear.
- Stir in the rest of the vegetables and lower the heat to medium
- Combine 2 hoisin sauce, shaoxing wine, red vinegar, soy sauce, chicken stock, thai chilies, chili flakes and kimchi
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until sauce thickens (around 10 minutes)
Serve with Tsingtao Beer. Enjoy!!